More

    Spurs lodge bid for PL midfielder, more than one player offered in exchange – report – TottenhamBlog.com

    newsnow_abanimated

    Tottenham have made a cash-plus-players offer for Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, according to the Sunday Times journalist Duncan Castles.

    In recent weeks Spurs have been heavily linked with Hojbjerg, who looks set to leave St Mary’s this summer a year before his contract expires. The captain’s armband was taken from him and given to James Ward-Prowse for Southampton’s win at Norwich City on Friday, and the Daily Star recently claimed Tottenham are ready to make their first offer.

    And now, Castles is reporting that Southampton have received three bids for Hojbjerg, one of which is said to be from Spurs. The Londoners are believed to have offered money and players to try and seal a deal, but Castles says all three bids are deemed unsatisfactory by the Saints as things stand.

    “Southampton see him as a player they have to sell in this market,” Castles told the Transfer Window podcast (as relayed by the Daily Express).

    “They, I’m told, have three offers so far for the player, none of them are satisfactory, one extremely low at a financial level, and they have an offer of cash plus players in exchange, which I understand has come from Tottenham Hotspur.

    NFL Betting

    “My information is that Jose Mourinho likes Hojbjerg and he sees him as a player obviously with substantial Premier League experience who he can bring into the centre of his midfield, can play a couple of positions in midfield at a relatively low cost, and solves some of the problems he sees in that squad.

    “We’ve seen Mourinho talk about how he sees the market developing this year.

    “We told you on the podcast I think two months ago now that Daniel Levy basically told him there would be no money for large transfer fees and he would have to look for players who are free agents or could be signed on loan with an option to buy in a year’s time.”

    It’s unclear who the Tottenham players are that have allegedly been offered in exchange, though it’s logical to assume one might be Kyle Walker-Peters, who is currently on loan at Southampton.

    Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will likely be trying to do a deal as cheaply as possible given Hojbjerg only has a year left on his contract. But it seems Tottenham will have to increase their offer.

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    New York advances to MLS Cup

    New York City FC reach the MLS Cup for the first time in team history thanks to a 2-1 win away against the Philadelphia...

    Caballero set for free agent Southampton switch amid goalkeeping crisis

    By Conor Laird Published: December 5, 2021 10:37 pm Last Updated: December 5, 2021 10:41 pm   One-time Chelsea and Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero is expected...

    Forrest may have blown his chance

    3 minute read 5/12/2021 | 07:40pm ...

    Newcastle make progress over £30m transfer to bolster key area

    Newcastle United are making progress in their attempts to sign a new goalkeeper after making an approach for Odysseas Vlachodimos, according to reports. After their...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.