More

    Newcastle join Arsenal, Tottenham in hunt for homesick Serie A star

    Reports in Italy claim Newcastle United have made enquiries about signing Juventus midfielder Aaron Ramsey in the summer transfer window.

    The 30-year-old has completed two years of a four-year contract in Turin. He signed on a free transfer after running his Arsenal deal down and big things were expected of the Wales international. He has shown glimpses of his talent but it has generally been a disappointing spell in Italy.

    The former Cardiff City ace made just 11 Serie A starts in 2019-20 and two more last term. He has often been used off the bench and his time with the Old Lady may be coming to an end.

    A number of Premier League clubs are said to be interested. Back in June, Crystal Palace, Everton, West Ham and former club Arsenal were linked.

    And a week ago, the unthinkable link emerged as Tottenham were added to his list of suitors. There has been no news if any of the aforementioned clubs have made an offer.

    But it seems they have company as the Magpies have also been mentioned in connection with the player, according to Goal. Steve Bruce is looking for reinforcements but has yet to make a signing.

    NFL Betting

    He is working in the shadow of owner Mike Ashley – never one to readily loosen the purse strings. It is not mentioned whether the Tynesiders would be looking for a loan deal, but that is the likeliest scenario.

    Ramsey keen on Juve exit

    Ramsey scored 64 goals from 369 appearances for the Gunners. He also assisted many and was a player to excite the Emirates faithful.

    But he has found the net just six times for Juventus while also struggling with injuries. And during Euro 2020 the Welshman opened up, dropping a huge hint that his future lies away from Juve.

    “The last two seasons at Juventus have been very difficult, frustrating, not just from a physical point of view. I want a place where I can feel good again,” he said. “There have been many factors and changes that I haven’t been used to.

    “So, I take it into my own hands and have the right people around me to try to come up with the best possible plan to get myself back into a place where I am feeling good and confident again.

    “The Welsh staff and medical team have been brilliant, they have been open for discussions and it’s important to all be on the same page.”

    READ MORE: Arsenal make plans clear to exit-linked star after receiving ‘improved offer’

     

     

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    Tobin Heath speaks about joining Arsenal

    USWNT star Tobin Heath has admitted she made her childhood dream come true earlier this month by signing for Arsenal, revealing the Gunners were...

    It would be inappropriate to compare Partey to Vieira and Gilberto Silva – Lauren

    Trying to compare Thomas Partey to Arsenal icons Patrick Vieira and Gilberto Silva would be unjust, according to Lauren, because the current star is...

    Saliba continues to shine, Bellerin’s assist & more

    By Conor Laird Published: September 20, 2021 6:34 pm Last Updated: September 20, 2021 6:39 pm   In this article, we will take a look at how...

    Mike Ashley arbitration awaited in 2022 and now CAT jurisdiction hearing pushed back

    Mike Ashley has Newcastle United in an absolute mess, not for the first time…A transfer window that fell a long long way short from...

    Celtic could sign Robbie Brady on a free

    3 minute read 20/9/2021 | 05:40pm Celtic have had a mixed start...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.