Date published: Tuesday 16th June 2020 8:47
Liverpool have reportedly spoken to the representatives of West Ham full-back Jeremy Ngakia, with a view to a summer deal being struck.
A source is said to have exclusively told Read Liverpool that the Reds are one of many clubs who have been in contact with the agent of the right-back, who will soon be out of contract.
The report states that Liverpool have enquired if the 19-year-old has any intention of penning a new deal at the London Stadium.
For their part, the Hammers are still hopeful of getting a deal done to keep the teenager. Although time is quickly running out and he rejected their last offer of a contract extension.
Tottenham are reportedly one of the other clubs who have also made an approach for Ngakia, who appears to have plenty of options available to him.
However, the source at Read Liverpool states that the Reds are not a likely destination for the youngster, who wants to join a club where he is guaranteed playing time.
That would appear to rule out a switch to Merseyside, given the outstanding form of assist-king Trent Alexander-Arnold over the past two seasons.
Meanwhile, Lyon have not received any offers for star duo Moussa Dembele or Reds target Houssem Aouar, according to coach Rudi Garcia.
The French club’s president, Jean-Michel Aulas, confirmed last month that he could struggle to keep hold of striker Dembele. French authorities voided the Ligue 1 season in April and Lyon – who finished seventh – will be without European football next season.
Aulas made the admission amid several reports of Manchester United and Chelsea’s interest in Dembele. Of course Chelsea have since agreed to pay £54million for Timo Werner.
United remain in the hunt for a forward, but they have not made a move for Dembele, just as Liverpool or Man City have avoided doing so for Aouar.
RMC Sport claimed that the Reds were “very interested” in the 21-year-old attacker, who has been linked with a move to Anfield previously. Read more…