More

    Ex-Red apologises to Liverpool players following insulting comments

    Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy has taken to Instagram to apologise for his comments made about Kevin De Bruyne and players in Jurgen Klopp’s title-winning team.

    The Reds were confirmed as Premier League champions last Thursday after defending champions Manchester City lost 2-1 away to Chelsea, and Murphy had since made some controversial comments regarding a potential guard of honour for the new title winners.

    Liverpool travel to City next in tomorrow’s Premier League clash at the Etihad Stadium, with Murphy commenting on talkSPORT that he wasn’t keen on the tradition of giving the new champions a guard of honour.

    The former England international made insulting comments about LFC players in the process, suggesting that they weren’t even fit to lace De Bruyne’s boots, let alone receive a guard of honour from the Belgian midfield maestro.

    Murphy now says he regrets the comments and wanted to make it clear he had a great deal of respect to the players in Klopp’s side, but we’re not sure Liverpool fans will have been to impressed by this whole saga…

    “Yesterday on talkSPORT discussing the concept of the guard of honour I used a poor choice of wording which I apologise for in relation to Liverpool midfield,” Murphy said.

    “Just to clarify I have nothing but admiration and respect for all the LFC players and their incredible achievements over the last two years.

    NFL Betting

    “Once, me and my wife partied with George Clooney and Megan Fox and came home at 6am. The day after, I scored a goal and assisted against Werder in the Champions League. After I saw that was possible, I wasn’t afraid to repeat it.” – Who said this? Click here to read more.

    “I would hate for a misplaced throwaway phrase which wasn’t thought through to imply anything otherwise.

    “I of course don’t always get it right when doing live TV and radio but will always hold my hands up and apologise when I don’t.”

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    Gnabry tests positive for COVID-19 and can’t face Atletico Madrid

    Champions League A blow for the championsGnabry, positivo por coronavirus. AFPBayern Munich begin the defence of their Champions League crown at home to Atletico Madrid on...

    Why aren’t we doing it like last year?!

    submitted by /u/JotathantheSun Source link news

    Çalhanoğlu suffered ankle injury in training, left Milanello on crutches and will miss at least the next 3 games | Rossoneri Blog

    Hakan Çalhanoğlu during Milan-Inter at Stadio San Siro on October 17, 2020. (Jonathan Moscrop Sportimage)Hakan Çalhanoğlu is injured and is forced...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.

    Get all the Soccers update on your hand. Always touch with Soccer