More

    Deulofeu blasts new Barcelona boss Koeman

    Gerard Deulofeu has taken a swipe at new Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman, claiming “he provided me absolutely nothing” during their time at Everton.

    Koeman was announced as Quique Setien’s successor on Wednesday, signing a two-year deal at Camp Nou, where he spent six hugely successful years as a player under Johan Cruyff.

    The former Netherlands boss has been tasked with overseeing substantial changes at a club still reeling from a humiliating 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals last week.

    But Deulofeu, who played under Koeman at Everton in the 2016-17 Premier League season, does not appear to think much of his old manager’s chances.

    “I can tell you about Koeman from my personal experience, and I have very little to tell you about Koeman,” the Watford winger said on Cataluna Radio.

    “He provided me absolutely nothing. I wasn’t happy, I asked to leave and I went to Milan.

    NFL Betting

    “We’ll see how he does at Camp Nou.”

    Deulofeu, a product of Barca’s youth academy, was sold to Everton in 2015 after spending the previous seasons on loan with the Toffees and then Sevilla.

    He was signed back by Barca in 2017 but failed to make an impact under Ernesto Valverde before joining Watford.

    Despite his past allegiance to the club, the 26-year-old does not appear concerned by the institutional crisis at Barca, who saw Eric Abidal leave as first-team technical secretary the day after Setien was dismissed and who are facing a battle to convince captain Lionel Messi to stay.

    “The truth is that Barcelona’s [situation] does not bother me,” he said. “In fact, right now, I don’t care.”

    Deulofeu thinks it will be “years” before Barca are able to rival the very best sides in Europe again and says they have paid the price for not trusting youth.

    “At Barcelona, they have not had patience with La Masia for years,” he added. “If you give [the youngsters] time, they learn the style of the first team.

    “There are players, many of us have come from there, but not [been given] patience. Now, there will be changes, but they are years behind.”

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    Does Ruben Vinagre have a future at Wolves?

    3 minute read 12/5/2021 | 05:35pm ...

    Some Arsenal players have not given their best

    Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has claimed that some of his players have not given their best...

    Chelsea duo could sign, as Lampard wanted by Prem club with £50m dream

    Former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has emerged as a leading target to take over from Roy Hodgson at Crystal Palace, according to a report. Palace...

    Wycombe comment on EFL’s legal battle with Derby County

    Wycombe Wanderers make a clear stance, choosing to comment on the EFL’s legal battle with Derby County as reported earlier this week. The EFL already...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.

    Get all the Soccers update on your hand. Always touch with Soccer