Expelled English Football League club Bury FC learn if their application to be placed into a league for next season is approved or rejected.
It has been a long awaited decision, with many teams and the Shakers supporters wanted to know whether the club would be in action or not for the second consecutive campaign.
Journalist Justin Allen have finally finally what has been the outcome of the Football Association’s verdict.
— The Sun Football ⚽ (@TheSunFootball) August 6, 2020
Football’s governing body have told the Shakers — who were expelled from the EFL last year — that they are not convinced they will be ready in time to start the new 2020/21 season.
The report adds that one of the reasons for rejecting the two-time FA Cup winners is the concern that the club do not have a first-team manager or players.
It is also unhappy the club are not currently affiliated to the Lancashire FA.
SunSport have apparently seen proof Bury have been trying to renew their Lancashire FA membership since April.
But the local FA had furloughed most of its staff due to Covid-19.
We also understand Bury have a former top-flight footballer who will help run the club, while current chairman Steve Dale will step down.
The FA said it will consider an application for the 2021-22 season — yet stated even if Bury FC meet all its criteria it can not guarantee putting them into a league.
Bury owner Steve Dale hoped that the FA would allow them to be placed in the National League next season and would be willing to step down as chairman to make it happen.
Dale says he found £17million debt after taking over and agreed a company voluntary arrangement to repay a quarter of it.
But the FA insists that Bury must pay footballer creditors in full, thought to be about £1.5m.
The Shakers say this is impossible but if the club can survive they can pay a percentage.
The same day the club saw a takeover bid collapse, Bolton managed to be saved, but were still handed a 12 point deduction for going into administration and ended up getting relegated to League Two.
Dale has opened up on his plans, he told The Sun: “We have lodged an application with the FA to be placed into a league for next season.
“Due to being the chairman when the club was removed from the EFL, I might have to step down to satisfy the National League’s entry criteria and I’m prepared to do that.”
Bury submitted their application on March the 31st, but they will have to wait on the outcome due to the disruption of the coronavirus crisis.
Dale bout them for £1 back in December 2018 with the club’s in 17million worth of debt.
After having their winding up petition court appearance adjourned countless of times, he hopes to agree a new deal to prevent the club from being wound up.
#BuryFC owner Steve Dale has revealed in an exclusive interview with me that the #EFL-expelled #Shakers are waiting for @TheFA to place them into the #NationalLeague & he’s prepared to step down to make it happen. Application made & CVA to be renegotiated.https://t.co/kXEHmuRQaY
— Justin Allen (@justinallen1976) April 24, 2020
He added: “The problem we’ve got is we won’t know the criteria of that until the FA tell us what league we can enter – but renegotiating the CVA won’t be a problem.
“I just hope the FA do right by us and put us in the division our history, heritage and fans deserve.”
Questions would most likely still be raised however on if Bury can survive based on their financial issues.
National League clubs are to receive around £90,000, and that figure reduces to just £13,000 in the National League North. So wouldn’t be a huge amount of help should Bury receive it.
Dale is confident that the club will be able to survive regardless of their situation next term, saying: “Bury will still be a decent club in the National League. It’s never been a big, high-profile club.
“The sponsors were local people. The fans are local people and we never got massive gates. The club is sustainable.”
Fans reacted as Bury FC learn if their league application for next season is approved or rejected…
TO BE REVEALED