More

    Aston Villa told transfer bid for Rodrigo Bentancur has big shortfall as Gerrard gets instant rejection

    Aston Villa have had a bid worth a total of £20.5million for Rodrigo Bentancur rejected by Juventus, according to a report.

    Steven Gerrard has enjoyed an excellent first transfer window in charge of Villa. He got his spending off to a headline-grabbing start by snapping up former Liverpool team-mate Philippe Coutinho.

    Lucas Digne’s arrival from Everton was more of an opportunistic deal following his falling-out at Everton.

    On Thursday, meanwhile, Villa announced the signing of Arsenal defender Calum Chambers seemingly from nowhere and they have also snapped up goalkeeper Robin Olsen.

    However, Villa have not finished ahead of Monday’s January transfer deadline. They have been in talks with Juventus over a deal for Uruguay international Bentancur for some time.

    And, according to Sky Italy, Gerrard’s side have now made a bid. They have offered £16.5million up front and £4million in bonuses for the 24-year-old, taking the proposed deal to just over £20million overall.

    NFL Betting

    But Juve have rejected the approach, insisting that they want £21million up front before they would even consider a sale.

    Indeed, Juventus want a bigger fee because 30 percent of any monies made will go to Boca Juniors.

    The Argentine club negotiated a sell-on clause in the contract Bentancur signed with his Serie A employers in 2017.

    As such, Villa have to make up a £4.5million shortfall in their bid. Nevertheless, Sky Italy adds that the two sides are not too far apart in valuation ahead of Monday’s deadline.


    The true scale of Chelsea’s forward woes laid bare for all to see


    The report claims that Gerrard wants Bentancur because he believes the 45-cap international can provide good competition for Brazil star Douglas Luis in the holding midfield role.

    However, Luiz could yet leave Villa as he has yet to resolve his future with the club.

    Bentancur in, Luiz out a Villa possibility

    The 23-year-old has 18 months left on his deal at Villa Park and the club have yet to offer him an extension. He has made 17 Premier League appearances this season.

    The manager said recently of Luiz’s situation: “No, we haven’t opened contract talks yet with Douglas.

    “I think in this period and in this window, it has been the case of trying to strengthen the current squad, make additions and, also, find destinations for some of our younger players in terms of loans.

    “Dougie has done OK for us. We’ve been happy with his training level and the performances that he has given.”

    Arsenal have supposedly come forward as potential suitors for Luiz as they chase a new midfielder.

     

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    Patrick Vieira admits Crystal Palace would love to re-sign Conor Gallagher

    Patrick Vieira has admitted that Crystal Palace would love to re-sign Conor Gallagher this summer, but admitted that a decision on his future is...

    Robin Olsen and Patrick Vieira speak out on their pitch invader assaults

    Aston Villa keeper Robin Olsen and Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira speak out on their pitch invader assaults suffered last week. Manchester City produced a...

    Aston Villa announce first summer signing less than 24 hours after season ends

    Aston Villa have announced the arrival of Boubacar Kamara from Marseille on a free transfer this summer less than 24 hours after their final...

    Celtic summer transfer claim emerges

    3 minute read 23/5/2022 | 11:15am Celtic wrapped up the SPFL title at...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.