More

    Allardyce outline shocking scale of Robinson abuse

    Sam Allardyce has revealed the shocking scale of the abuse levelled at striker Callum Robinson in the wake of his two-goal performance in West Brom’s win at Chelsea last week.

    Allardyce said Robinson had received “over 70 messages” of a discriminatory nature on social media, and said the response from platforms in combating such abuse was “simply not good enough”.


    MAILBOX: Haaland cannot become superstar at Man City…


    Robinson reported a racist response to one of his Instagram messages in the wake of his performance, and his club subsequently reported the incident to the police, who are now investigating.

    Allardyce said: “We’ve had two other incidents in that area, but nothing bad as Callum got – I think it’s over 70 messages from, apparently, 20 different [accounts] on Instagram.

    NFL Betting

    “We’ve had a great response from the police and our club supports them in every way we possibly can. Within the football world we’ve all gone forward in a very positive manner, but outside the law is where these lads live.

    “The solution can only be brought about by people in the hierarchy of government and the people who run these sites, who are clearly neglecting their responsibility to cut out these forms of discrimination and racist remarks.

    “People hiding behind false sites and posting obscene messages like this, in the world that we live in today and with the technology we have today, is simply not good enough.”

    Allardyce admitted Robinson has been “hurt” by the reaction but backed him to respond well as he continues to prepare for the next phase of the Baggies’ relegation battle at Southampton on Monday night.

    “I’m glad to say Callum is a pretty strong character, not that it hasn’t hurt him, of course it has,” added Allardyce. “The police have been brilliant interviewing him, they will do their best and the club are trying their best.”

    Meanwhile Allardyce praised Swansea’s decision to boycott all forms of social media for a week following abuse at a number of their players, adding: “I’d praise and support their stance [but] that’s a decision for our club to make.”

    Source link news

    Related articles

    Comments

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    Betting on Soccer

    Share article

    Latest articles

    Manchester City transfer target comments on the rumors linking him to the Premier League side

    Kayky is one of the talented Brazilian wonderkids in the South American country, and several reports link the 17-year-old to Manchester City. Ahead of Fluminense...

    Howey calls for Gayle to be dropped

    2 minute read 10/4/2021 | 08:20pm ...

    Man Utd circling as club restructuring sees Prem talisman hit the market

    Man Utd have added a Premier League midfielder to their list of targets after his agent was surprisingly asked to search for a sale,...

    Chelsea and Manchester United target refuses to sign contract extension amid interest from Premier League duo | Shoot

    Real Madrid reinforced their status as one of Europe’s best clubs on Tuesday...
    Betting on Soccer

    Newsletter

    Subscribe to stay updated.

    Get all the Soccers update on your hand. Always touch with Soccer